Thursday, December 31

2 o O 9

One year on, have I grown older, wiser and more importantly, can I fit into those damn skinny jeans?

Yes. Maybe. Depends.

My 2009 was pretty bangin' though much of it has been off the record. A freshly-minted job with a brand that I truly believe in; new opportunities and experiences that caught me by surprise; trips that took me out and around my comfort zone – what an incredible journey 2009 has been. Though not as thrilling as a roller coaster ride, I feel as if I have hopped onto a roaming hot air balloon that hints of spectacular views beneath the semi-cloudiness.

For the past couple of years, I have done one of these annual round-ups and being a person who loves tradition (er, we are only talking about food right?), may I present to you my Tip Top moments of 2009.

Yang's birthday at Morton's
I liked how Morton's pulls off kitsch with the finesse of Philip Seymour Hoffman in perverse dark dramas - discomforting but memorable.

Sartorealist Party
My unquestionably enjoyable fifteen minutes of David Tutera-fame.

Omakase birthday dinner at Akashi
If there were a Shrine of Omakase, I would probably like to be a devout pilgrim. Though I’m still experiencing a mild case of Fine Dining Fatigue, I don’t think I will ever say, No to omakase.

Ho Chi Minh
Spontaneous trip that converted me into a LUXE Guide groupie.

Sureally
Pays my bills - can't complain.

Food Blogger PMS, anyone?

Seoul-ed out for the weekend

The perfect weekend
Looking at this picture makes me happy in a whimisical, floaty way.

Third time to Tokyo
But on a brand new adventure

Heartbreakingly awesome kaiseki at GOTO (yet to be published)

Where will 2010 take me? I haven’t got a clue but I can’t wait to find out what the new year has installed for me.

Happy 2010, guys.

5 comments:

Angeline said...

Happy 2010! Have a great year ahead!

myfoodsirens said...

Happy new year! I really hope that I can be lucky like you to have a job in 6 months' time that I truly enjoy -cross my fingers-

Cavalock said...

Happy New Year!

Same here, 2009 took me out of my comfort zone and into an amazing new job too. Still can't believe i'm getting paid to do this. <^;^>

yixiaooo said...

hey kaelyn, don't sign on the dotted line unless you feel it in your guts to do so. good luck =)

angeline and melvin, happy 2010 to you both too.

ivan said...

Yes, always grope your guts to see the future. :PPP