Friday, November 19

And so we are engaged.

"I didn't even know you were attached!" said an ex-schoomate of mine.

Well, I don't blame her. I'm not sure how many of you even know I'm seeing someone since I hardly talk about him (let's call him "K"). You might recognise K by his lanky fingers - you thought I employed a hand model, didn't you? - and he has been around long enough to learn that the way to my dad's heart is through his pugs.

Photobucket

I know getting together with someone your parents introduced you to or settling down with your first boy/girlfriend might not be your idea of 21st century romance, but good to know these taboos don't lend themselves well in every situation.

I don't want to sound gushy but we are incredibly glad to have friends and family who are 110% supportive and happy for us. I know it will get crazy during the planning (did you just say 70 tables!?) but hopefully there would only tears of joy by the time we swap vows. Knowing the control freak I can be, I have given my mum the right to smack me in case Bridezilla emerges from her IKEA closet.

From frequent salmon belly cravings (which now seem like mandatory medical doses) to a formidable wanderlust curse, I think it’s quite insane that someone would like to spend the rest of his life with me and my idiosyncrasies. Methinks we will soon be able to make contact with aliens after all.

22 comments:

Su-Lin said...

Awwwwww.... congratulations!!!

yixiao said...

ah, thanks su-lin!

Jer Lin said...

congrats yixiao!

Chubbypanda said...

Congratulations!

Amasou Umasou said...

Congratz, YX :)

JY said...

Congrats Yixiao! :)

yixiao said...

thank you thank you!

Cavalock said...

Congrats! <^;^>

myfoodsirens said...

Mightiest congratulations to you and the lucky guy!!! Be happy together :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats! :D

Anonymous said...

Congrats! :D

Lisa said...

Have fun planning the wedding.

lynn said...

been following your blog for a while now.. congratulations! :))

yixiao said...

thank you and i will try my best to not get Bridezilla=ish =)

Alicia said...

Congrats Yi Xiao. :) I have been reading your blog for sometime and you have never mentioned the boyfriend so it's a surprise indeed. Looks like engagements are in the air as my good friend just announced her engagement.

yixiao said...

thanks alicia... you are right about engagements being in the air. i know 8 other couples getting married next year =p

congrats to your good friend!

ratatouille said...

haha. so salmon belly and lanky fingers do the trick? congrats to you both.

Camemberu said...

OMG really? Wow congratulations!!! :D

heavenwildfleur said...

hi yixiao, congrats on the engagement! thanks for also leaving that comment on my blog about cake flor, definitely going to check it out cos i didn't know the chef left to open his own bakery (he lives in my block i think!) :)

yixiao said...

ahhh, thank you all!

ratatouille: a little bit of omega-3 TLC never hurts =)

heavenwildfleur: lucky you!

missjabok said...

hi yixiao, not checked in since i last commented about the nam hai but have been silently enjoying your posts. what happy news! thanks for sharing and all the best as you begin prep. how exciting :)

The Hungry Cow said...

Congrats, Yixiao!