Last weekend, I thought of taking a break from making a mess in the kitchen, but with two hours to kill before dinner, I could hardly bear the thought of sitting idle. I should probably learn to take a chill pill, but at least, my nerves beget something scrumptious. For more information about baking with matcha, check out my post on Matcha Brownies.
- 75 g butter
- 1 ¾ cups digestive biscuits
- 260 g cream cheese (I used Philadelphia)
- 2 eggs
- 200 g double cream
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup matcha powder
- Pre-heat oven to 200C.
- Coat your baking pan with butter or line with parchment paper.
- Crush up the cookies weither with brute force or the food processor.
- In a bowl, combine cracker crumbs and melted butter.
- Put 4. into your baking pan.
- Heat the cream cheese in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
- In a bowl, whip the cream cheese and sugar.
- Add the eggs, one at a time and mix well.
- Add flour and matcha and mix well.
- Add cream a third at a time and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the baking pan.
- Adjust the oven temperature to 175C and cook for about 25 minutes. Again, I find my oven to be hotter than average so I baked them at 160C.
- Once the cheesecake is done in the oven, turn the oven off and open the door. Leave the cheesecake in the oven for about 1 hour, as sudden changes in temperature may cause cracking.
- Best to chill over night before serving.