As promised, here is a great finder-keeper recipe that would please the truffle slut in some of us.
Why yes, I am recycling these pictures from my previous posts
(Adapted from The Fuss Free Chef's Cold Tobiko Pasta; my words in Italics)
Serves 6 as a starter; 4 as a main course
- 300g angel hair pasta
- 2 frozen lobsters
- 5-6 tbsp Japanese kewpie mayo
- 5-6 tbsp truffle oil
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp chinese cooking wine or sake
- Generous pinches of sea salt and freshly grounded black pepper
- Lots of shredded nori (optional - I forgot to add them)
- Boil frozen cooked lobster for 5 mins. Do not overcook them!
- Put some water to boil and cook the pasta until al-dente (around 8-10 mins for linguine). Drain and rinse pasta under cold running water.
- Pour the cooled pasta into a deep bowl, add in all the seasonings (except nori) and toss everything to mix well.
- Add extra truffle oil if the pasta is too dry. Season with sea salt and black pepper to desired taste - as this is a cold pasta, I thought more seasoning was necessary to bring out the oomph of the pasta.
- Cover and chill in the fridge for at least half hour. If you have space, you can chill your serving plates to the fridge as well.
- Serve and swoon.