Thursday, December 18

Sweet treats from Starbucks

I usually go for the savoury options at Starbucks (egg white wrap, followed by spinach quiche) but i n a twist of festive fate, I wound up sharing six different sweet treats with the colleagues in two days. Doesn't help to have a Starbucks open right across your office building, I tell you. 

I will say Starbucks has a pretty decent line-up of desserts. Out of the 6 items we had, the only thing I didn't enjoy was the Peppermint Chip Cheesecake.

(L-R) Chocolate Peanut Butter Stack 
and Raspberry White Chocolate Cheesecake

(L-R) Donut, Peppermint Chip Cheesecake, Yuzu Yogurt Cheesecake, 
and Molten Chocolate Cake

Here is the honour roll:

  1. Raspberry White Chocolate Cheesecake - I love the denseness of the cheesecakes from Starbucks and this decadent dreamy slice was undercut with a tart raspberry swirl. 
  2. Yuzu Yogurt Cheesecake - Yuzu is really having its moment these days and Starbucks is quick to capitalise on this with a citrusy, tangy slice that would please most. 
  3. Molten Chocolate Cake - Spongy with knock-out molten-y insides. A very commendable molten chocolate cake given its price point and accessibility. 
  4. Chocolate Peanut Butter Stack - Layers of peanut butter mousse, chocolate fudge, crushed biscuits and topped with peanuts and toffee sauce, this brick of a dessert would single-handedly spoil your appetite for the next meal. 
  5. Donut - I probably feel at best neutral about the donut since I am not a donut person. It reminds me of our local you tiao (dough fritters) with a sugar glaze. 
  6. Peppermint Chip Cheesecake - Given how much I enjoyed the other 2 cheesecakes, I got to say this Christmas concoction is lost on me. Too much of a good thing, perhaps. 

No comments: