I usually go for the savoury options at Starbucks (egg white wrap, followed by spinach quiche) but i n a twist of festive fate, I wound up sharing six different sweet treats with the colleagues in two days. Doesn't help to have a Starbucks open right across your office building, I tell you.
I will say Starbucks has a pretty decent line-up of desserts. Out of the 6 items we had, the only thing I didn't enjoy was the Peppermint Chip Cheesecake.
(L-R) Chocolate Peanut Butter Stack
and Raspberry White Chocolate Cheesecake
(L-R) Donut, Peppermint Chip Cheesecake, Yuzu Yogurt Cheesecake,
and Molten Chocolate Cake
Here is the honour roll:
- Raspberry White Chocolate Cheesecake - I love the denseness of the cheesecakes from Starbucks and this decadent dreamy slice was undercut with a tart raspberry swirl.
- Yuzu Yogurt Cheesecake - Yuzu is really having its moment these days and Starbucks is quick to capitalise on this with a citrusy, tangy slice that would please most.
- Molten Chocolate Cake - Spongy with knock-out molten-y insides. A very commendable molten chocolate cake given its price point and accessibility.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Stack - Layers of peanut butter mousse, chocolate fudge, crushed biscuits and topped with peanuts and toffee sauce, this brick of a dessert would single-handedly spoil your appetite for the next meal.
- Donut - I probably feel at best neutral about the donut since I am not a donut person. It reminds me of our local you tiao (dough fritters) with a sugar glaze.
- Peppermint Chip Cheesecake - Given how much I enjoyed the other 2 cheesecakes, I got to say this Christmas concoction is lost on me. Too much of a good thing, perhaps.