Friday, August 1

Birthday meal with the in-laws at Extra Virgin Pizza, United Square

I ate very well during my birthday week. Tze char, steak, Japanese and now pizza... I practically covered my entire spectrum of "All Edible Things I Love." 

I was just telling KW how much I enjoyed the pizzas as Extra Virgin Pizza that were pale-ish with charred spots and I later found this term - “leopard spots” - from this blog. I am not sure how legit that term is but I hope the leopard never changes its spots.



GRILLED SKIRT STEAK SALAD
arugula, baby spinach, baby tomatoes, Kikorangi blue cheese, Dijon vinaigrette

A salad is a must-order when my MIL is around. This was decent but I don't think you will miss much if you stuck to their wonderful pizzas.


CAULIFLOWER ROMESCO
almond capsicum sauce, fontina, cracked black pepper

Cauliflower isn't my favourite vegetable and these were a little overdone but the romesco was yummy. 


PISTACHIO PESTO 
 pistachio pesto, mozzarella, baby arugula, lemon vinaigrette, pecorino, provolone

Thin-crust, artisanal Neopolitan... The two pizzas we had were really good. 


HAWAIIAN BBQ CHICKEN 
 chipotle bbq sauce, mozzarella, chicken, roasted onions, fresh pineapple, jalapeño, scallions, pecorino, provolone

People have commented on the scarce toppings but I didn't think so, besides it would be flopsville with such thin-crusts.  

WARM BROWNIE SUNDAE

The warm brownie sundae was ok - the ice cream was pedestrian and the brownie was too cake-like. Yes, I have yet to find a brownie that beats Awfully Chocolate's. 


TIRAMISU
Loved their tiramisu for the same reason that KW didn't - its low lack of alcohol content (which I learnt again from the same blog). All the better to indulge =)

Next up, their Four Cheese and Mushroom Bianco!

No comments: