Saturday, July 21

BP @ PB

I didn't even realise the significance of the date 20072007 until a friend pointed it out to me.

So I held my SHH-Don't-Remind-Her 22nd birthday party at Pitch Black...Though it wasn't celebrated in most lavish of ways ala Conrad Black, to borrow a line from Frank Sinatra himself, I "did it my way". I took the name tag idea from InStyle Weddings and the photo frame idea was inspired by one too many Homes & Gardens magazine- just very typical reading materials of a 22 21 year old (I only turn 22 this coming Thurs)...



Friends had get their name tags, scribble down their names and include a little known fact connecting themselves to the birthday girl (that's me). I read it was a great icebreaker but I thought it saved us from those ever-embarrassing "Hey we so totally hit it off, but what's your name again.. " moments.



Zhu and I went down to Ikea last week to get these frames.

The Hall of F(r)ame awaits



To my friends, thank you for sharing this joyous occasion with me. It was also real neat of you guys to turn up with your sunnies, henceforth turning up the party spirit by several SHADES.





Frame
I'm gonna live forever
I'm gonna learn how to fly
High



Favouritest frame of them all- the affectionately-termed 'National Geographic Frame'.



I also managed to get a last-minute cake from Swissbake- Hazelnut Crunch cake. I love Hazelnut and as soon as I saw the word 'Crunch', the auction hammer descended in the manner of a guillotine...

"Sold to the almost-salivating buyer!"



It was alright. There was a whole lot going on but the hazelnut flavour had eluded me.

And of course, all this wouldn't have been possible without my party planner, ZHU!, who ran a one man show on the Executive Committee. Watch out, David Tutera- Zhu's half your size but double the fun without the diva-esque canter.



Despite playing the movie Paris, je t'aime(Paris, I love you) twice, I didn't manage to watch it . The two-hour film consists of 18 5-minute mini Polly Pocket films, each written and directed by internationally-acclaimed Joes and Jennys from the Director Block. In addition, the principle cast list is impressive, held up by recognised artistes (who you calling an actor?) such as Fanny Ardant, Juliette Binoche, Steve Buscemi, Gérard Depardieu, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Bob Hoskins, Nick Nolte, Natalie Portman, Elijah Wood.

I got to make it a point to catch it though.


Filled up name tags


The morning after... Sweet notes that almost made me urn on the Tear Tap.

Sorry I couldn't resist. See this is why you get a blog.



You get to indulge in free flow of narcissism. Best of all, it's calorie-free.

And just in case you were wondering what "BP @ PB" is... It stands for 'Birthday Party at Pitch Black'.

5 comments:

M. said...

happy early birthday!

Anonymous said...

small world.. didn't know that we already had a "connection" even before we sat next to each other last year at the dinner.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Anonymous said...

hey xiao,
manage to catch this years birthday before its over. Happy Birthday in advance.:--). so when you going to meet me for a meal?

toon

yixiaooo said...

thanks mia!

sooks! the world is HOW SMALL.. ok maybe it's just Singapore.. haha.. it all clicks now.. your trips to japan and all that.. anyway i hope to see you at this year's flogger dinner. =)

toon, which part of the world are you in now?

Anonymous said...

I will be there so I guess we'll meet soon. Will tell you more about Japan then. You'll definitely have a fun time when you visit.