Wednesday, July 24

Pierre Herme Les Jardins 2013


Velouté Banane, Velouté Framboise, Infiniment Chocolat Porcelana, 
Arabesque, Velouté Citron Vert, Mogador, Infiniment Caramel


Loved the Infiniment Caramel (salted caramel) and Velouté Framboise (raspberry yogurt) macarons! 


The Arabesque (apricot pistachio) and Velouté Banane (banana) macarons were kinda weird, while the Velouté Citron Vert (yogurt & lime zest) tasted exactly like a Split ice cream.


I have a confession to make. I like my macarons - takes a deep breath - cold. 

Yup, cold. Not frozen, just chilled. Fresh from the fridge. 

I know this is utterly sacrilegious so keep me in your prayers as I indulge in these seven sins. 

Then again, I can't deny how much more pleasing the macarons become after sitting in the fridge. The once brittle meringue shell is now slightly chewier, a befitting accomplice to the buttercream filling that becomes more ganache-like.

Mmm... 

This epihphany would not have been possible without my MIL, who hand-carried them from Paris :) 

No comments: