Wednesday, April 18

Loong Fatt Tau Sar Piah 龍發豆沙饼

The nibbling outpaced the cognitive trigger to snap a picture, hence this vaguely indecent snapshot of a tau sar piah. Big whoops.


So I finally laid fingers on some tau sar piahs from the very famous, old-timer Loong Fatt Eating House & Confectionary (639 Balestier Road). Initially, I didn't think that much about them but after nibbling through my fourth tau sar piah in 2 days, I decided to sit up and pay more attention to what I was eating (plus my back was killing me too). 

First of all, there is a satisfying crust-to-filling ratio (say, 1:2.52?); though the salty and sweet tau sar piahs tasted almost alike, the smattering of sesame seeds on the sweet version would initiate personal preferences; last but not least, the light, thin pastry  is more buttery than crumbly - great when you are trying to sneak a piece without leaving any evidence behind.

No comments: