Tuesday, September 20

Proust 20.09.11

I was reading some of my old posts when I saw the Proust questionaire I did back in April. My current status now reads: post-corporate life; just moved into new place; and less than a month away to the wedding, so I thought it would be interesting to see how I have changed since April then. Well, to be honest not much but read on for version 20.09.11.

My daily bread wrap from Starbucks

What is your current state of mind?
Calm and grateful. Quite a few things to settle but no point worrying about them.

What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Surrounded by my family at the dining table, caught up in playful banter.

What is your greatest fear?
Not holding up the promise I made to myself – to live a life worth living.

Which historical figure do you most identify with?
Rona Economou, owner of Boubouki. The times we live in – last month is considered “history”.

Which living person do you most admire?
Rona Economou (read article).

What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
Ability to spit fire and caustic remarks in nano-seconds.

What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Untrustworthiness (same as before).

What is it that you most dislike?
Toxic people who exude negativity.

What is your greatest extravagance?
Spending too much time on Top Chef, Masterchef and Iron Chef America.

What do you most value in your friends?
Their well-earned independence.

What is your favorite journey?
When I am on my way to breakfast with my family…

What is your most treasured possession?
My engagement ring (same).

What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
Simplicity if it spells dullness.

On what occasion do you lie?
On Monday, kw's mum asked if I wanted anything from Japan and I said, "no." Le sigh...

Which living person do you most despise?
“Despise” is too strong a word. 

What or who is the greatest love of your life?
Myself - I am being suicidally honest here. If you don’t love yourself, it would be hard for others to do so.

When and where were you happiest?
Last weekend when we spent a full Saturday at home.

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
To not pass judgement as if I were handing out free samples.

What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Still unqualified to answer this question…

If you could change one thing about your family, what would it be?
To tone down the post-confrontation crankiness.

What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
Day after buffet at Basilico and orh nee overload at Shangri La food tasting.

What is your favorite occupation?
To be a creator of something that makes people happy.

What is your most marked characteristic?
Third finger on my left hand - looks as alien as ever.

Who is your favorite hero of fiction?
Would have to say it’s still Calpurnia from To Kill a Mockingbird (related to answer below).

How would you like to die?
In my sleep, and preferably after a heavy meal of fried chicken and mac & cheese.

What is your motto?
Living well is the best revenge - something I do forget from time to time but always makes me feel better when I remember it.

No comments: