Sunday, April 17

Proust 17.04.11

I thought it would be quite cool to do a questionnaire and do it again months or years later to see how much I have changed. So here is Proust Questionnaire version 17.04.11:

Photobucket
Setting the scene for our Sunday ritual

What is your current state of mind?
Hopeful. It is the weekend, after all.

What is your idea of perfect happiness?
When my loved ones are happy.

What is your greatest fear?
Raising kids who might eventually hate me.

Which historical figure do you most identify with?
Can't think of anyone.

Which living person do you most admire?
Right now – Anna Wintour. The grit, determination and discipline.

What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
Lack of self-control over cookies and chocolate.

What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Untrustworthiness.

What is it that you most dislike?
Malicious people, followed by incorrigible latecomers.

What is your greatest extravagance?
A Chanel vintage bag that I would probably use less than 10 times in my life, which I hope to be able to pass it onto my daughter.

What do you most value in your friends?
Their optimism in life.

What is your favorite journey?
When I am on my way home…

What is your most treasured possession?
My engagement ring.

What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
Hmm...

On what occasion do you lie?
No comment.

Which living person do you most despise?
My lips are sealed.

What or who is the greatest love of your life?
My lips are busy.

When and where were you happiest?
At about 12noon every Sunday, I would walk hand-in-hand with KW to Sushi Tei Paragon for our religious salmon belly sashimi retreat.

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
That I could be more patient.

What do you consider your greatest achievement?
I am truly unqualified to answer this question.

If you could change one thing about your family, what would it be?
As much as our quirks make us unique, it would be nice if we were less headstrong and confrontational.

What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
First day of JC when I realized how mean people can be.

What is your favorite occupation?
Grace Coddington, I want your job!

What is your most marked characteristic?
Third finger on my left hand. The tip got caught in the door and hacked off. Otherwise, my thickish lips, I guess.

Who is your favorite hero of fiction?
Calpurnia. stoic, wise and one helluva cook. I used to get hungry reading To Kill a Mockingbird.

How would you like to die?
In my sleep. Unexpected but peaceful.

What is your motto?
Living well is the best revenge.

Hope you had a good weekend. I can't wait for the upcoming long weekend which starts in about 120 hours time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter! I've always wanted to answer these...