Sunday, January 9

All Fluff and Puff

I'm not a cream puff nut and Beard Papa usually does it for me. I guess Tampopo Deli was there at the right place and at the right time when that random cream puff craving kicked in.

Sordidly raved by many, Tampopo Deli's puff pots are baked and almost immediately sold out on an hourly basis. It must have been our (arguably) lucky day as there were a few sitting around on a Saturday afternoon.

Photobucket

There isn't a sure-win way to eat this but the fork and spoon felt clumsy; we preferred just picking the puff up with our hands and stuffing it into our faces. Glamorous, I know.

Photobucket

I personally don't think it's worth the hulala. The crusty choux was generously filled with custard but the custard was more milky than vanilla-ey (pretty one dimensional, if you ask me). But I'll be back as I've got my eye on the mont blanc.

Hope you had a good weekend, guys.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmm...haven't had a cream puff in so long. I wonder where I can get one here in New York.

About Mont Blanc, I had a chestnut buche de noel for Christmas and it was soooo good! I've been craving for it ever since.

~Leah

Domomo said...

Oh that looks delicious.... :O

I'm gonna have to try that when I get to SG next week >.<

yixiao said...

leah, wouldn't it be neat if 2011 were the year of cream puffs?

domomo, yeah try it and let me know what you think.