Saturday, January 21

for everything esle, there's mastercard.

well if yesterday was a C- day, today is definitely an A day!

under strict orders to get boots (haha, i like to think of it that way mum), i went down to the mall to observe prices and check out what everyone was wearing too. but i had to be carefyl since i only had a uob credit and posb debit card since my dankes bank card was not available yet.

at aldo, i was thrilled to finally find good-looking un- 'rejects'- looking boots for 400kr (about S$106+) as on my way, it seemed like the norm was to pay 699kr (for those on sale) or 1000kr for the new arrivals. i flashed my uob card at the saleslady and asked if i could use it. she asked if i knew the PIN code and i was almost dumbfounded like wha-? and she was likee, "you need a PUN code.. otherwise you have to show us your passport.. everyone knows that" ..... good friends of mine, you can only imagine my facial expression at this point in time..

fine ALDO, i will take my business eslewhere. i went to SKO and asked if i could use my card without a passport and the lasy was like, "sure".. *sticks tongue out at ALDO* and went on the find a pair of good-looking un- 'rejects'- looking boots for 350kr. yeayeayea! at the cashier's, i was all ready to sign my way out of misery when the lady asked me to type my PIN code and i was like the is a credit card?! how come i need a PIN code? and in any event, didn't the perks of credit card include allowing you to sign for all your recreational activities? the pen is always mightier then the sword.

it wasn't embarressing or anything but i really needed the boots and in a glimmer of hope, i took out my posb debit card.. but like what were the chances of it working if my other card didn't work right? glad to be proven wrong (again), it worked! almost miraculously, my humble very-unglam orangey-yellowish posb debit card gave me access to the wonderful world of retail therapy. i even broke into a grin when the saleslady at SKO said, "saved by your mastercard.." yea mastercard? i'm lovin it.

then it struck me that i could go on a crazy rampage since the most of the stores were offering discount on SUMMER clothes.... what a champagne cork-popping moment! it really helps that since it is wired to my account, i settle the bill instead of my dad, thus erasing scenarios of, "why did you spend so much at h&m?! ALL MY HARD-EARNED MONEY....!!!" of course i am exaggerating since my dad has been more than generous.. well look, i am IN COPENHAGEN! haha...

the point i am trying to make is, having your OWN money to spend is so addictive since you don't have to answer to anyone.. like how could women be financially- dependant on their husbands or boyfriends if they had a choice?!

so anyway, i walked around re-looking at the once-so-desirable beautiful wrap dresses and feminine outfits that would have looked marvellous against the backdrop of copenhagen's summer. but typical me- once i have the means to afford something, i usually lose interest in it. so i went over to the IT shop and bought myself and internet cable.. and the supermarket for mackeral in tomato sauce and cheese.

it was three by the time i left the mall and i headed towards 7-11 for i had previously seen signs of an offer on their frankfurter hotdogs.. one for 10kr (usually a normal takeway would have cost 20kr or more).. delicious!

i just got off the phone with my parents and when my mum heard that i had a hotdog for lunch, she was all, "you better lcook proper meals..." sigh, shopping for the ingredients is so much easier.. haha

so now i have a stable internet connection and the satisfaction of knowing that i could just afford non- essential items like a new sudoku puzzle book and home interior ornaments was enough to warm a -2 degcel today.

No comments: