Friday, November 4

SMU Padi Padi

waddsat.

guys, drop whatever you are doing.. run out to the nearest 7-eleven to buy 4D, TOTO, horse racing bets or any lottery ticket you can get your hands on.. WHY?!
because for the first time in weeks, i didn't have my usual-is-an-understatement homemade noodles for lunch in school!

instead, i had honey-glazed chicken with pineapple rice from padi-padi at kopitiam. to be honest, i have been intrigued by this dish ever since the pyramid mould caught my eye as i thought it would make a great picture for my blog. slowly but surely, i am letting my blog run my life. fabulous.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

i cannot decide whether it is an odd dish or just my tastebutts were dysfunctional after the soup. but the seeming pineapple rice had a rich tinge of instant noodles flavouring -think sesame msg.. huh?! -my point exactly. the chicken was fine, think a cold storage deli counter one would have put this to shame, ut i cannot really complain. it is "school food" afterall. haha

muhd had crispy chicken with pineapply rice with soup cream of creamy mushroom. i had a lick (i can't even say sip as the soup/ cream was one hell thick and overpowering), cringed and took a long sip of my pepsi light. though i didn't try the fried chicken, muhd said it was so-so.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

hmm, i should just stick to homemade noodles next time.

No comments: