Monday, June 10

Perth 2019

Hello Internet Homies, we are back from Perth and Margaret River!

The last I visited Perth I was a single digit and I remember it being just hot hot hot. And my dad bought me a kangaroo soft toy.

This time round, I’m back with my two boys and we had a wonderful time. Between Sydney, Melbourne and Perth, I got to say, Perth is really lovely and we liked Perth more compared to her trendier hipster neighbours.We spent 3 days in Perth (including Swan Valley) and another 3 days in Magaret River, which I feel was just the right amount of time.

The weather was lovely. It’s winter now but we experienced the true Aussie cloudless skies and Lucas even had a bit of sunburn (we freaked out, a little). It was a lot colder in Magaret River so we were lucky to bask in the sunshine before the freak rainstorms.

We did the whole shebang, you know visiting wildlife parks, food markets and Perth’s finest playgrounds. But the most memorable encounters were off the tourist path such as encountering Western Australia Day.

 
 

We were worried about the public holiday with shops and restaurants being closed and stuff. However, we took those lemons and made lemonade by attending a WA DAY festival. The boys had a ball of fun with bubbles and bouncy castle. And YASS to super yummy fish tacos and pad Thai (I was really in need of Asian food after the weekend).


I’ll share more soon but please enjoy the photo dump in the meantime.

No comments: