Monday, December 17

Xmas at 76 2018

Christmas is undeniably one of my favourite seasons all year. Cheesy Christmas carols? Kitschy ornamental decor? Incessant hawking to get one to shop? Sign me up! We held our annual Christmas party last weekend - our 7th party, can you believe? It’s definitely an occasion kw and I look forward too. A great excuse to get everyone together and feed them!

To be honest, I wasn’t really feeling the Christmas spirit till the day itself. But doing up the space lights and all was all I needed to get myself all pumped for Christmas. I guess the theme for this year's tablescape is Forest Trees and More.

Food-wise, we prepared a bevy of dishes that were simple and above all, crowd pleasers. This is our 7th Christmas party, we know better than to kill ourselves in the kitchen before the party. Pro tip: If it stresses you out, don’t make it! It’s not worth it.









Rilette board with duck rilette, nuts and crackers


KW outdid himself yet again with an amazing maple, brown sugar and mustard ham!
He kind of winged it with the recipe this sounds awfully similar


Sugar pea salad with Thai shrimp topping


Roasted broccoli with chipotle sauce 




Pesto pasta with mushrooms



Roasted Provencal chicken 


We even had a dessert table this year!


The cutest Christmas red velvet cupcakes by the very lovely Leo (IG: kushucakes)


I made a coconut trifle and Zee brought over some treats from Chateraise.





Though I was exhausted by the end of the party, looking through all these pictures brings back nothing but awesome memories. I hope you all have a great festive season with your loved ones!

2 comments:

LC said...

Always love to see the spread you prepare for your home parties. Could you kindly share the ham recipe? Personally do you like this compared to the jerk flavoured one?

yixiao said...

Hi Elsie, I have updated the blog post with the recipe. It's hard to cheese but personally I do prefer this =)