Tuesday, November 6

Toriton Atsubetsu / Jozankei Farm

Ah, what can I say? We love our kaiten sushi here in Japan. I know some sushi snobs amongst us might turn their noses up at kaiten, but it's a different ballgame here in Japan. It might not be Jiro or Mizutani, but you get great value at an incredible price. Oh, who am I kidding? These days, as long as it's relatively healthy and filling, and the boys dig into it without much protest, I'm a happy camper. 

Toriton Atsubetsu is a popular kaiten sushi restaurant, and I say so is because at 11:20am, the restaurant was nearly full and we waited for our 15 minutes for a booth to be freed up for our family of four. I could wax poetic about the sushis we had but I'll let my pictures do the talking. The aburi fatty salmon, in particular, was to-die-for - I must have had at least 5 pieces by myself (no shame). 













Road-trip to  Jozankei Farm with my bubble tea on hand

There are many fruit farms in Hokkaido but a select few operate during autumn. Jozankei is one such farm and we got to pick from apple and prune trees. Being city folks, climbing up a ladder usually means changing the light bulb, so I guess this was a really novel and fun way of securing your vitamins for the day. Instead of stuffing yourselves at the farm, you could bring your hard-earned fruits of labor for a small fee. 















No comments: