Sunday, July 29

Panamericana, Sentosa Golf Club

Confession: I really don't like searching for restaurants. Each time I have research somewhere to go, I feel like I have sacrificed two hours of my life doing absolutely nothing productive.  Nowadays, my needs are a lot more different - decent food, great service and most importantly, a relaxinggggg environment. I can't emphasise this enough. And perhaps for this reason, I chose somewhere farrr awayyy for my birthday meal. 

My birthday treat with my better half took place at Panamericana. The restaurant that is located at Sentosa Golf Club was expectedly quiet for a weekday lunch. Perfect for a quiet lunch. 

We ordered a few signatures, namely their corn (which was super moreish), bone marrow and only one meat entree, the lamb, as our server kindly informed us that two meats would have been too much. The meal was enjoyable though I would struggle to make a trip out on a regular weekend. Their sticky date pudding was pleasant too but I had a sticky date pudding at PS Cafe the night before which was unforgettable so this rendition was runner-up at best. 

The highlight I have to admit was the surprise from my bae. The man who loathes telling restaurants about anniversaries and birthdays as he dislikes the unnecessary fanfare and attention actually informed the restaurant about my birthday. 

We were gifted a plate of ridiculously amazing churros that take the cake (haha, pun intended) for being one of the best churros I've had in recent memories. 



Corn 
Cuban-style, chilli citrus salt, manchego 


Bone Marrow 
Roasted, eschallot-thyme confit, sourdough 



Lamb 
350g, 7- hour slow roasted, rosemary & thyme glaze


Date Pudding 
Butterscotch, vanilla bean ice cream


Churros 
Dulce de leche 

No comments: