Wednesday, July 4

Ah Tai Hainanese Chicken Rice

How is your week coming along? Smooth sailing, not much happening? Or has it been hectic, more of a battlefield for you?

Whatever the case, can I make a teensy suggestion? Head down to Maxwell Food Centre and partake in a different kind of war over our national dish - the chicken rice.


I know the question some of you might ask next is, "Is it better than Tian Tian?". Erm sorry, I don't have the answer as it has been a while since I last had Tian Tian. However, what I can tell you is that you won't regret trying Ah Tai Hainanese Chicken Rice (01-07, Maxwell Food Centre).

Unabashedly supple and meaty, the chicken was pretty darn excellent and especially glorious when dunked into the tongue-tingly chili and sweetish thick dark soya sauce.

And the best thing about this Chicken Rice War? Everyone is a winner.

No comments: