Wednesday, January 4

More prawn mee for me

I had prawn mee like what, twice last year? So what are the odds that I matched my 2011 quota within the first 2 days of 2012?


My first on-the-record meal of 2012 (because Nature Valley granola bars make such fascinating blog topics) consisted of Noo Cheng Adam Road Prawn Noodle (Zion Road Food Centre, Store No. 4). The world tiny-island-famous prawn stock was rich and peppery but lacking heart - or something that would trigger sweet memories.


On the other hand, my mum's maiden attempt at Penang prawn noodles, while un-famous, was a labor of love that had been brewing all afternoon.


DIY or AYO (Assemble Your Own) with yellow noodles and/ or been hoon, prawns, fish cake (many many since I'm a fish cake freak), boiled egg, kang kong, bean sprouts and shallots.


Add in some pork ribs that had gone into simmering the stock.


Bonus side dish - homemade ngo hiang

So chuggable. I had to keep turning them away or deprive others of these delicious, meaty ngo hiang. Packed a few back for kw's parents :)

2 comments:

wl said...

your mum's prawn mee FTW ! looks very tasty !

yixiao said...

I will have to shamelessly agree with you :)