Wednesday, November 16

Luke's Lobster

I was hangry. We had been at the Met for about 2 hours and I was feeling more moody than Monet. I’m not usually this uncultured or impatient (oh, who am I kidding?) but all I had on my mind was Luke's lobster roll.

Photobucket

Lobster roll was one of those things I had missed out on on my previous trip to NYC and I was determined to get my fair share of the claw. I considered getting my fix at Pearl Oyster Bar and Mary’s Fish Camp but their rolls look as if they suffer from a serious case of mayo abuse. I’m sure those rolls are good in an eyeballs-roll-back-to-the-head sort of way so you be the judge since I can only speak for Luke’s rolls.

Photobucket

Barely visible sheen of butter coating the plump sweet lobster chunks, a dash of mayo within a bun that had been buttered and toasted.

Photobucket

Always butter your bun. Quick win, pleasure multipler effect.

Photobucket

If there was ever such a thing as delayed gratification, this would be it. Techinically the roll took about 5 minutes to arrive at our table but I had been waiting over an hour. 

Photobucket

USD2 extra scores you a pack of Ms Vicki’s chips and Maine root soda.You save USD1.50 and gain the munchies ... Pretty good deal, no?

Luke gets his lobster from father Jeff's sustainable Maine seafood company. Judging by the amount of foie gras I have had on this trip, I’m sure you can tell I’m hardly the most eco-consious eater but hey, I will highlight anything that makes me (and possibly, you) feel better as a diner.

We also had soups to ward off the gusty weather.

Photobucket

The clam chowder was pretty good. It is probably one of the very few times I taste more clam than cream.

Photobucket

The spicy crab soup was a bowl of thick and quick comfort for someone who was feeling crabby minutes earlier. More curry spicy than chili spicy, there was a strong aroma of turmeric but not at the expense of the sweet-tasting crab. You gotta try this.

*Sticks up three fingers* W-I-N-N-E-R!

1 comment:

DALTON OSAIKE said...

now you are making me hungry... lovely post!