Friday, February 11

Big Love

I know it is an overexposed topic but it just baffles me that people still buy into the Valentine’s Day kitsch.

Have we degenerated to such a state that our ideas of romance revolve around overpriced bouquets of roses, dust-mite-infested stuffed toys and line-churned 8-course set menus?

Maybe I should accept the fact there is a willing seller and willing sucker consumer. And just because I’m personally very wary of guys who give flowers (yes dad, I’ve been paying attention to your sermons) doesn’t mean florists should miss out on this cash cow.

I don’t know why but unlike Father’s, Mother’s or even Teacher’s day, Valentine’s Day just rubs me the wrong way. Oh well, I might as well re-direct my love to something that satiates on a near weekly basis.

Grilled fish.

Photobucket

I have weird ideas of romance, I know. To me, you know he is a keeper if he offers you the scarce pinch of fish cheek, picks outs the bones for you and thinks it is funny when you end up with fishy burps.

Tampopo Jumbo’s Aji is ah-muh-zing.

I’m a firm believer that this stuff is good for you. Better than multi-vitamin supplements, therapy and you better believe it, Oprah.

Photobucket

Only the bones are spared.

Ok, you know what, we could share pie love together you have a cranberry sage pie hidden somewhere.

3 comments:

dot said...

HAHAHA I laughed out loud to my screen when I saw the words "grilled fish", right after that whole thing about V day. have a lovely fishy v day! :D

yixiao said...

i hope you feel the love tooo =)

Anonymous said...

Hi!

I am from Boulevard, a wine and bistro bar, and am interested in advertising via your blog. Are you able to give me your contact details please?

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon! You may contact me at christine@boulevard.com.sg

Debbie