Monday, February 1

Da Paolo Gastro's Crunchy Hazelnut

It took a lot of will and effort to leave the White Chocolate Yogurt Crumble on the shelf - I'm not sure if it will ever forgive me - and we ended up getting the Crunchy Hazelnut slice at Da Paolo Gastronomia.

Photobucket

It reminded me of a Ferrero Rocher sans chocolate… Mille layers, nutty nibs and wafer slivers but without chocolate. So it did feel like it was missing something, perhaps a handsome drizzle of chocolate fudge or a dollop of fine gelato.

But we had robust coffee. Coffee? Wimp! Come on folks, I'm approaching quarter of a century, can't eat ice cream and hot fudge just beause I feel like it... Anyway, the coffee really helped so all’s swell in the end.

Wouldn't it be neat to have a Tupperware party where we all have to dress up like Mad Men's Betty Draper? Mmmm

Da Paolo Gastronomia
Paragon #B1-20
290 Orchard Road
Tel: 6738 1462

8 comments:

David Koh said...

Hey YX wanna see a magic trick? I can read your mind! Hhmmm... I'm seeing a picture...

You had that yesterday after the gym!

yixiaooo said...

What's your alias, Dave?
Angel or Mindfreak? HAHA

Think you didn't rub your crystal ball hard enough. Had it two weeks ago after lunch.

myfoodsirens said...

I wanna go your tupperware party! =D

David Koh said...

Haha oops

Yeah I dropped it and there was a crack, thinking of upgrading to a swarovski one!

yixiaooo said...

kaelyn =)

dave, tsk tsk... i thought i told you pyrex isn't reliable.

Anonymous said...

YES! Betty Draper style pouffy dresses. Oh, love the nipped in waist and flouffy skirts! Sigh. Now, now, where to find them cheap is my only question.....

ladyironchef said...

oh gawk, crunchy hazelnut slice? and i have not had the tiramisu yet!

yixiaooo said...

zee, it's the 50s.. post-war recession chic yayy =)

brad, i haven't tried the tiramisu either. i can't bear to part with $11 for a tupperware dessert.