Friday, May 9

Gray's Papaya, New York City

After finally settling down and getting that much-needed shower, hunger struck hard and fast. I wanted my first meal to be quintessentially New Yorkish and street corner hot dog store Gray’s Papaya was propitiously located just down the road.



Though the only value-added function of the white untoasted bun was to prevent dirty hands, the dog itself was pretty good as it had this incredibly Elle-Woods-approved “bend and snap” quality.

Now pick up your pom poms, all together, “Go Obama!”



A perennial favourite and highly-acclaimed chain, the US$1.25 hotdog was the cheapest thing I had in my entire trip. I got the ‘Everything’ (a no-brainer for first timers), a dog topped with mustard, ketchup, and sauerkraut. In 2006, Time Out New York Magazine pronounced Gray’s Papaya the winner in the Dog Fight and I’m not about to argue with people who clearly know better.

Gray's Papaya
402 Sixth Ave 8th Street

2 comments:

Camemberu said...

LOL on the Elle Woods "bend and snap"!

That sure is an inviting dog!

yixiaooo said...

=)