Friday, January 4

Hello 2008

It has become somewhat of a tradition to host New Year Eve party at my place. Though the food is mainly potluck, my mum and I will pick a party theme for table setting. Last year we had the 'Banyan Tree' thing going on with huge banana leaves as table mats and the year before, 'Purple' was it simply because it matched the ornaments on our Christmas tree.

This year, we didn't have much time to plan it because we were in Bali till Boxing Day but judging by how we decorated the table this year (napkin rings and all), it is safe to say this year's theme is 'Made in Bali'.



My 2007 mantra was "Make It Happen" and I like to think I was successful in accomplishing more than what I set out to do. Right now I can't think of an apt life philosophy for 2008 that wouldn't sound as if I were on the verge of death. I kind of regard 2008 as my fling with frivolity before I graduate and start work- in a way, I do feel like I'm in a race against time. I guess I want to do things that I would probably only have the chance to do -gasp- upon retirement. Simply put, I'm not going to waste time on regret, thinking about 'what I could have done' or 'what could have happened'. That's the least I can do for myself.

361 more days to go.

What a journey it will be.

No comments: