Sunday, July 29

PS Cafe, Paragon


A most disappointing lunch at PS Cafe, Paragon

Each time I visit PS Cafe, I wind up not having dessert thanks to the big-is-beautiful portions. This time round, I sought to resolve this by asking them to serve dessert first but that didn't work out too.



PS Cafe's sticky date pudding is supposedly one of the best in town but my experience was short of desirable. I found the pudding overly dense thus heavy and every bite delivered a mindless overdose of sugar. I gave up halfway but not before lapping up the toffee sauce and vanilla ice cream.



I needed something savoury to erase any traces of the saccharine sweetness and was pretty much looking forward to the roast beef sandwich. Tough as bark roast beef slices. Rawish peas. Stale bread, which made slicing impossible. To make things worse, I actually finished it because I was in dire need of something ANYTHING to coying sweetness of dessert.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeps I agree... My experience there was the same as yours. The chocolate fudge cake (which is supposed to be popular) was overwhelmingly sweeeeet. And I wonder if the accompanying vanilla ice-cream is of some cheapskate brand.

The tau kwa chicken burger, also another supposedly popular dish, failed to deliver too. The tau kwa was hard, the chicken meat was terribly overcooked, and I had such a hard time finishing the dish.

Is the food better at the main cafe at Dempsey Road?

yixiaooo said...

they have the same desserts at dempsey but i've had a kick ass wagyu beef sandwich there once.. most of the dishes are overpriced.. yikes.

Anonymous said...

my husband calls it the Piece-of-Shit cafe and i couldn't agree more. the food is really yucky.

yixiaooo said...

that's harsh.. ! haha.. but that cafe needs a reality check.