Saturday, October 22

go smug yourself.

i bet all of us all have met classmate tell-me! in at least one of our classes- be it primary, secondary, junior college, poly and even university.

the one who peers over to your side uninvitingly to check out your exam score. the one who asks you casually how you have done for the previous test, though his eyeballs are practically widening as you slowly drop the bomb. actually the first person whom you expect will ask about your grades despite the fact that your last sub-intelligent conversation was about the lack of water-coolers in school.

today this classmate surfaced yet again (imagine marvel comic's swampthing from black lagoon and throw in alfred hitcock's psycho tune) to ask how i fared for my qm paper. i could not resist but rebute the question in his direction and he replied, "for you to ask, you must have done well... surely better than me.. " erm heloooo? you asked me first???

desparate to get out of the word-play, i just told him my results and he told me his. i nodded and walked away

feeling smugsmugsmug.

No comments: