Crazy times. Loved it but don’t miss it.
In the midst of all the gatherings, my Cousin-in-law offered us some energy balls that she had made and they blew my mind. I didn’t get her recipe but I found one that seemed similar to what she describe. Plus Valentine’s Day was just around the corner so I made a few for the team.
They are such awesome healthy treats (always a win-win in my books) and they look like real chocolate truffles once you've rolled them in cocoa powder. I hope you enjoy them as much I do!
Adapted from Recipe Runner; Makes 16-20 balls
- 8 pitted medjool dates, chopped and soaked in hot water for 15 minutes
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup dried cherriess
- 3/4 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup pistachios, shelled
- 1/3 cup dark unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add all the nuts cocoa powder, salt, and vanilla to a high speed blender or food processor.
- Blend everything together until it is finally ground.
- Blend the dates, cherries, and water into the nut mixture in several batches scraping down the sides of the blender after each batch.
- Once the mixture comes together and resembles thick brownie batter, scoop a tablespoon of the mixture out and roll it into a ball with wet hands.
- Roll the energy bites in dark cocoa powder. Highly recommended!
- Store the energy bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer.