Monday, September 25

Fantastic Tendon Kohaku, Eat At Seven (Suntec)

Queuing up for tendon at Tendon Kohaku is probably the most Singaporean thing I have done in a while.  But of course, I need to up my kiasu game. Naviety meant we arrived at 11:30am one Saturday afternoon, waited for 30 minutes in the queue and 30 minutes for the food. We had two rambuctious little boys who were surprisingly calm but unsurprisingly figety, and were wincing wih hunger pangs by the end of the hour.


There are like 6 items on the food menu, proving that you don't have to mess with variety if you are confident of doing something right. When our tendons finally arrived, it was as if we had reached the gates of the Promised Land.


The boys shared the Kohaku Tendon while KW opted for the Spicy Kohaku Tendon. Each bowl was brimming and stacked with 10 pieces of tempura that include prawns, squid, chicken, baby corn, portobello mushroom, pumpkin, and a long bean.

I had the Seasonal Tendon, made up of salmon with yuzu flavour, 2 prawns, Japanese green pepper and 6 kinds of mushrooms. I don't even list 6 kinds of mushrooms HAHA... Oh I had the 16 multi grains + Nanatsuboshi Hokkaido rice, which made for a lovely toothsome texture.


Given how long we waited. It's really quite funny that we wolfed down our food in 15 minutes. We actually thought it was worth the 1-hr wait. It's such incredible value and every item was deep-fried to perfection - cooked without turning rubbery. My curiosity has been piqued and I'm wondering if Tendon Ginza Itsuki is just as good if not better!

No comments: