Friday, March 31

Paradise Dynasty, Ion Orchard

Gasp... we have come to the end of March, the end of the first quarter! 
Keep calm and eat xiao long baos! 
 
I have a really diverse team - and that includes dietary preferences and requirements. From foodies to vegans and the plain picky, there are very few places we can go to as a team without someone feeling left out. In fact, in my three months here, there is only one place we have gone to as a team and that is Paradise Dynasty at Changi Airport. I’ve grown to really like the food there and for our regular fortnight meal with my in-laws, I suggested going to Paradise Dynasty at Ion Orchard.


Xiao Long Bao

Paradise Dynasty is best known to be the first to present 8-hued xiao long bao sampling basket, which consists of flavours such ginseng, foie gras, black truffles, crab roe, cheese, garlic and Szechuan. Personally, I am not a big fan of funky flavours. I’m a traditionalist when it comes to xiao long bao. Old school traditionalist.

A little fatty and porky; the broth is quite divine. I didn’t want Lucas to scald himself so I sipped up the broth in his xiao long bao. Hooray for maternal instincts!


French beans with Minced Pork 

A decidedly superb dish, given the humble ingredients involved.


Fried Rice with Prawns 

A kid-friendly carb. It was rather ordinary, I think Din Tai Fung makes a meaner plate of fried rice any given day. 


Mala Shui Zhu Yu (Sichuan Boiled Fish) 


What I really liked about this was the inclusion of beancurd skin stripes, mung bean noodles and bean sprouts. Russell loved the ming bean noodles, though he did need an ice cube to cool off after eating it. A wickedly fiery dish that can be shared by all. We ordered level 2 and it burnt a hole in my stomach. You have been duly warned.


Vegetables Pork Wanton 

Tubby yet silky dumplings stewing in a light creamy broth. They do taste somewhat like the xiao long baos with just a spattering more greens.


Pan Fried Shanghai Pork Bun 

Juicy meat buns with crisp bottoms. We get at least 4 plates of this whenever we have team lunches. It's that good - or we are just gluttons.

And because I have been to Paradise Dynasty at least 3 times over the past couple of month, here are some dishes worth ordering too: Radish Pastry, Pork Dumplings with Chilli Sauce, Ma Po Tofu and Red Bean Pancake

No comments: