Wednesday, July 6

Lucas, 18 months old


My dear Lucas, you are 18 months! You are indeed the cherub little joy who makes me wonder, what did we do to deserve you? You are naturally merry and good-natured. While your kor kor was always a 'glass is half empty' kind of person, you have a 'the glass is half full because I am gonna top it up with whipped cream and chocolate sauce' sort of personality.

You have no idea how happy you make Mama. Your kor kor grew up very quickly. Perhaps too quickly. I recall we poured our attention into developing your elder brother, helping him achieve his so-called milestones; but with you, I can't help but prolong this period of innocence and wonderment for the world.

Your utmost adoration for your kor kor, which is at times unrequited, never fails to amaze me. I hope he realises one day, what a gem you are to his existence. Given your oblivion for what lies ahead of you, I somehow wonder how you will make it through life. Perhaps, I am over-thinking it (not the first time, won't be the last) but growing up alongside your kor kor will undeniably sharpen your survival skills. And perhaps you might teach him and others a thing or two about killing people with kindness.

To many more days of us xoxo

No comments: