Wednesday, May 18

YPG Gala Dinner at Capella Hotel

Before Lucas was born, KW and I could still sneak out for ice cream date nights, but these days, our kids have hijacked our date nights. Well, not that we mind as we don't have alot of time with the kids during weekdays anyway. 

Our first night out away from the kids turned out to be a fundraiser - Young Professionals’ Group (YPG) Gala Dinner - at Capella Hotel. YPG is a non-profit organization which was established to provide financial support, guidance, and advice to students planning to further their education, and the organisation is also supported by my company as part of our Give initiative. 


A simple yet elegant flower arrangement 


Roasted Mediterranean Vegetable Timbale


Basically this is a vegetable stack. It was nice, not the sort of thing you would harp about. Just the sort of dish that made you feel better about ingesting all those cocktail nuts earlier. Ugh, nuts are really my undoing. 


Pan Seared Sea Bass with Crispy Risotto and Seafood Ragout

I was rather impressed with the mains - my pan seared sea bass was well-cooked, but it was the crispy risotto (interesting!) and seafood ragout (reminded me of lobster bisque) that truly livened up the dish.



Beef Tenderloin, Crispy Polenta with Sautéed Vegetables 

KW's beef tenderloin was pleasantly pink too. It ain't no ribeye but it serves it's purpose to feeding us, I mean him.

Mango Pavlova with Chantilly Cream and Fruits

Meringues are not something I would usually go for, but this Pavlova was quite dreamy especially with that luscious Chantilly cream. 


Don't we look happpppy? HAHA!

The theme was Mad Hatter, but the hat I ordered from Etsy didn't arrive in time so a ruffly headband provided enough whimsy for the evening. To my relief, there weren't any hiccups at home so definitely encouraging to venture out into date night territory soon. Stay tuned. 

No comments: