Monday, April 25

Poulet, Changi Airport Terminal 3

Before Japan, we had a quick bite at Poulet (Terminal 3). A lunch that I very much enjoyed. Total disclaimer: I know it's a chain, a chain that specializes in roast chicken specifically, but we didn't have their roast chicken.


I was pleasantly surprised by the Salad de Paris. Kitschy name aside, the chopped (yes!) garden salad had dried cranberry, tomato, avocado, black olive and roasted pine nuts. It might look simple and maybe "too clean," but it was a refreshing counterpart to the rich and heavy dishes we had.


A French classic is escargots. I love escargots - my initiation to French cuisine when I was a kid and I never lost my palate for it. This were comforting and briny, with a texture you either love or hate (I love).


Perhaps the only thing I wouldn't order again is the mushroom soup. The mushroom soup was extremely creamy and a little too Campbell soup-like. A little goes a long way.


Many mains looked promising but we eventually settled on the pork belly. Incredibly indulgent and tender, cloaked with a rich tangy sauce and paired with the smoothest of mashed potatoes. Rich without being overkill.

No comments: