Friday, December 4

Grain Traders, CapitaGreen

There was a stunning amount of mixed reviews about Grain Traders and to be frank, I wasn't looking forward to it. Visiting Burpple and food blogs only made my more depressed about the portions. However, the girlfriends were nice enough to make a trip down to Raffles Place and brave the chaos to meet me for lunch, so the next best thing I could do was to zip up and honour their request.

It took a significant amount of effort to get ready for this visit i.e, a supah heavy breakfast, which included curry puff, Jacobs original crackers, fruit and 2 cups of coffee, but I reckon it was necessary.


They have pre-made options or you can create your bowl of wonderment; for $16 nett per bowl, you get to pick 1 grain, 1 protein, 1 hot veggie, 2 cold veggies, 1 topping and a sauce. $16 a pop? Ouch. Think of it as saving yourself from future medical bills.


I created a bowl, with brown rice, striploin beef, wild mushrooms, spicy sprouts, coleslaw and crispy garlic and shallots, and wasabi sauce. Yeah, and I am trade-marking this "Hautestuff." Tell the guys behind the counter you want the "Hautestuff" yeah? Satisfaction sort of guaranteed. It was surprisingly filling (granted I wasn't famished to begin with) and really tasty!

No comments: