Wednesday, September 24

More from Chalk Farm, Paragon

After a more than satisfying lunch at Sushi Tei Paragon. the family retreated to Starbucks for coffee, mainly because my mum wanted to try their Kueh Salaat cake. 


Of course, we didn't just get a slice; we got two others because caring is sharing. *Yay for family*


Out of the trio, the one that got me scrapping the base of the tupperware container was the Salted Caramel Macadamia Layer Cake, a ridiculously moist yet substantial sponge cake smothered in the lovliest salted caramel buttercream. Admittedly, it isn't very different from the cupcake I loved - Macadamia & Salted Caramel Cupcake - but hey, if it ain't broken, don't mess with it.


The Kueh Salaat was another slice that I was excited about as I do have a soft spot for the Nonya delicacy. It was good but far from the delectable treat that one could pick up from the chain Bengawan Solo, whose luscious kaya topping and loosely sticky rice still remains the gold standard. 


The Dark Chocolate Olive Oil was a little humdrum in my opinion - my younger sister loved how fudgy it was though. It was rather moist but things got a little monotonous midway in. 

2 comments:

Bern said...

so friggin' good...the salted caramel macadamia cake!! we check it out everyday to see if this is available!! heh

yixiao said...

I don't think I can bear to look at the display, just in case I get tempted.