Tuesday, September 13

M is for ... Weekend #36

M is for ...

... Merry

Last weekend, I attended an old friend, Teresa's wedding at Hotel Intercontinental. A couple of days before that, it suddenly occured to me that it would be a JC reunion of sorts and I developed an acute case of pre-meet-up jitters. Luckily I didn't have to resort to a "I invented Groupon" stunt and surprisingly had lots of fun catching up with my ex classmates, who I hadn't heard a peep from in 8 years.

Photobucket

We celebrated Dad's birthday with lunch at Dempsey Brasserie (more on the meal later). Among the three of us, I am most like my dad -we are born under the same zodiac sign (he, 3 cycles before me); complexion-wise, we are both tan with straight hair (unlike my sisters who are both fair and have natural curls like my mum); and we are both definitely morning people (I get you, Dad).

Photobucket

... Moving In-and-Out

We finally moved in to our new place! It was kind of bittersweet as I have lived at my parent's place for exactly 20 years. Me thinks my room might become a storeroom or pug playpen but I made my mum promise to retain the original look till I officially get married. Paws off my room, Toro and Soba!

Photobucket

I left quite a fair bit of clothes and shoes behind, including two pairs of Ferragamo pumps. Though clearly underused, I didn't want to take them along as they reminded me of my past corporate life and those are times I would rather leave behind.

I still have my old name tag though. P for Purity... That particular name tag belonged to my Primary 5 self.

Photobucket

Speaking of pups, we went to say "Hi" to our new neighbours and met their new border collie pups. Cuteee...

Photobucket

... Mall crawl

Nex has been around for quite a while but we have only just summoned the courage to enter the mosh pit. Though huge, most of the shops are pretty generic except for King & Kong Wong, where I would have gone crazy at if not for the fact that we are both house-poor. We will always have Daiso, I guess.

Photobucket

... Mooncakes

Of course, there was certainly no lack of moocakes at kw's family gathering this weekend.

1 comment:

Jeane M. said...

What a roller coaster ride weekend that was. Sure, the new pup next door look oh so cuddly. Yay for the moon cakes! philippines outsourcing