Thursday, August 4

How now, brow cow?

Photobucket

Do u know what's better than two ginomous cakes from PS Café and a good catch-up with an old friend?

Tons, I am sure. Unexpectedly losing 5kg (not gonna happen here)... A free vacation to LUXE-guide approved resort… Complimentary offers luxury toiletries that you can pocket and subsequently forget about after you check out...

But since I can only hope/ pray/ wish/ beg for a free vacation, two ginomous cakes plus good company after a day of pam-purr-ring sounded pretty darn good to me.

I finally used my Groupon vouchers for an eyebrow threading session at Browhaus and a hair treatment session at Phyto Hair Spa. I'm not a facial, massage or waxing kinda person so this whole beauty services industry is pretty new to me.

Eyebrow threading. I loved the teasing stinginess on the upper brow but when she moved to the lower brow where my nerves were particularly sensitive, the pain sharpened though not to a point where I wanted to strangle someone with the thread. I'm not sure if they will amp up your social life or help me lose 5kg but wow, neat brows really do make a difference!

After that I used my Groupon for a hair treatment, wash and blow at Phyto Hair Spa. The salon offers a selection of movies during the treatment process and I decided on Eat Pray Love, a movie whose book I never finished. I read and loved ‘Eat,’ skipped ‘Pray’ and gave up mid-way on ‘Love.’ I knew I wasn’t going to finish the movie but I only wanted to watch ‘Eat,’ which I did. Hooray!

I wasn’t too impressed with the lady who scanned my scalp (the oddness of that sentence might never wear off) but the person who gave me a massage was ahhh-mazing. Seriously, I might not even be agnostic anymore, thanks to her spirit fingers.

No comments: