Monday, July 18

Monday musings


From Sweethoots at Etsy

I'm usually not into pet outfits but Pickles the pug looks heartbreakingly cute in his knitted headgear, don't you think?

Dear readers, how was your weekend?

For me, the best thing about doing retail is that there isn't a clear distinction between weekdays and weekends. I love how I am pretty much spared from the Monday Blues syndrome and working on Sunday afternoons give me something to when I am done with errands, lunch at Sushi Tei and starting to feel uncomfortably idle.

Yesterday, a shopper came into the store and she suddenly shot me an oddly confrontational look, as if I had stole her boyfriend or worse, her dessert. Turns out she just mistook me for a certain young, controversial local female politician with nerves of steel. All was good once she got over her shock. HAHA.

Just in case you are wondering what I am doing now. To cut the long story short, I am currently helping a friend, Maxie out at her store, Lula Rock (level 2, Pacific Plaza).

Don't be shy, come say "hi"!

Even if you swing by with the intention of telling me I have an unhealthy obsession with grilled salmon heads, come visit!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, i really loved the part when you were mistaken for someone else. how did you resolve that?

yixiao said...

it isn't the first time that has happened so i just laughed it off =)

Anonymous said...

are you serrrio-u-s? i'm not being contemptuous (towards sales people) but are you serious contented being just a erm salesgirl all your life?!?? you're a university grad for gooooooooooooodness sake! im surprised your future husband and folks have nothing to say about that.