Wednesday, January 30

Nogawa, Le Meridien



Nogawa at Le Meridien was exam-hall quiet for a Wednesday lunch but the mood was anything but daunting. Needless to say, we sat at the sushi counter and Mia, her usual charming self, chatted with Chef Kelvin and Chef Shingo while I browsed through the menu. I learnt very quickly that if you want to get past the strong-silent-stoic mien of Japanese chefs, if you want to feel "taken care of", you got to seat by the sashimi counter and chat up the maestros behind the counter. Even if you are not doing omakase, you never know where it a little chit-chat may lead you to.


Appetizer- mustard and peanut sauce-dripped greens

That being said, I'm awful at picking up sushi chefs, opting to reserve the look of adoration for the food instead. Luckily for me, my friend called Mia, our resident Charm Offensive strategist erased the need for any icebreaker games.



Both of us ordered from the lunch menu. Mia's chiraishi was so pretty and I immediately thought of a decorous float that glazed the streets in Sanrio Puroland. I see Hello Kitties dancing...



I celebrated my Fetish of The Moment (sushi) with the nigiri, a simple mix of cucumber makis and assorted nigiris. Each mouthful featured a satisfying fish-dominated experience that was undoubtedly fresh, albeit on the dry side.

To girlfriends.
To a love for Japanese food.

Next on the Ladies Who Lunch agenda: Tatsuya.

I'm done with Heroes Season 2. I actually like Season 2 better though the first 5 episodes were a little hohummovealongplease. I don't want to spoil the plot for you guys but I have this to say: Marry Me Thank gawd you got a haircut, Pee-tar! Cough. Your turn, Nathan... Hmmm, bad haircuts must run in the Petrelli family or at least, within siblings. Also I'm just amazed by the -pause- perfectly-mascaraed eyelashes of the female costars. Seriously, you would think that when one is battling with (choose one from the following) superhero-in-denial crisises, boy-girl problems or save-the-world anxieties, eyelash-grooming would be the last thing on their minds. Guess there never will be a good enough reason to let yourself go.

3 comments:

Diana said...

i'm done with heroes season 2 as well! and house season 4, simpsons seasons 16, 17, my name is earl some episodes for season 4, southpark, entourage season 1. as you can tell, i've been really preparing for the day this knowledge becomes useful. haha. WS interview went ok, except for the part i had to write in Chinese!

yixiaooo said...

couch potatoes unite! haha

let's meet up as soon as you get back.. sms me/ let me know when you are free..

Anonymous said...

The sushi looks exquisite : )