Saturday, October 6

Bakeries Galore

Maison Kayser Fauchon. Die gute. Afternoon Tea. Aunt Stella. Comme Chinois. Kobeya. Konigs Krone. Peck. Paul. Henri Charpentier. Morozoff. Kimuraya.

Just A Few Good Bakeries





Kid. Breadaholic. Red-blooded Male. Lost Soul.
Faced with the array of flour-water alchemy, I morphed from one being to another.



This was my 'kid in the candy store' moment. I couldn’t wait to sink my teeth into one of those fluffy loaves, interwoven with raisins, chocolate and nuts or break open those crusty loaves of artisan breads.



Since I don't drink, smoke or gamble, I'm entitled to other vices. "Hi my name is Yixiao and I’m addicted to bread."




As palpitations and shortness of breath grips one, I had a sneaky feeling that this must be what it feels like to be a red-blooded male at a Victoria Secret fashion parade.



The fact that I wouldn't be able to bring the bread back to Singapore seemed like an act against humanity. It was as if I had been led to the gates of Elysian but left without a key to unlock the gate.





This list above is not exhaustive so when you are packing your luggage, it might be wise to forgo that armour of self-discipline. Within any depachika, one stood prone to a barrage of bakeries and patisseries waiting to grab you, shake you out of your senses. Clearly, the word 'Atkins' doesn't register in anyone's conscience. Hallelujah!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fab food featured so far...I'm just hoping that time flies so that I can hop on that plane and enjoy all of them!! Pls tell me that you went to Pierre Herme to taste the famed macarons!

Diana said...

oh god... these photos of bread are giving me a high... haha...

yixiaooo said...

Joyz: YES YES YES I DID! haha.. will post about it later

Diana: utterly irresistable for breadwhores like us..

the zee said...

good god the pictures of bread are making me go nuts... it's never a good idea to visit your blog when i'm hungry!!!

LOL.

-zhi