Wednesday, September 12

Just Desserts at Marmalde Pantry

After our Mexican dinner at Cha Cha Cha, the three of us headed over to newly-opened Marmalade Pantry at Holland Village.

There was just one thing on our minds: dessert.



The name promises sin on a plate. One bite and you are hooked for good. It is what the devil himself would have endorsed. That being said, I found the Devil Food cake lacklustre. Despite the melted chocolate Darth Vadar guise, I felt it wasn't even THAT chocolatey.



I'm happy to report that the homemade lemon tart with wild berries & raspberry coulis delivered, bare-faced on a brazen sourish tone. Perfect for a follow up to heavy dinner. Yup, no matter how full you are, there's always room for dessert.



After PS Cafe's sticky date toffee pudding rubbed me the so-so-wrong way, I was was never again tempted to order one. Yet people have raved about Marmalade's version (Sandra, I remember your comment!) and I decided it would be self-defeating to condemn the dessert after one freak encounter. I bet you can tell I'm a lot more forgiving towards dessert?



I took a bite.

And almost teared.



For a moment, the sticky date toffee pudding with vanilla bean ice cream became the restaurant's raison d'être. An utterly delectable cushion cake, drizzled with toffee sauce. The potential for extreme adoration is great.

2 comments:

Sonicstarburst said...

OOh yes...sticky date pudding at Marmalade Pantry. The other sticky date pudding that gets me on a sugar high is the one at Caffe Beviamo at Tanglin Mall! A must try.

Chubbypanda said...

Ooooh...

*sigh* Stupid high cholesterol diet.