Sunday, February 11

A Post on Daily Nothingness

Back by popular demand, I am going to blog about LIFE again. Very soon, I will be camera-whoring and copy-and-pasting quotes, song lyrics about my tortured soul as a student. Just you wait. Haha..

Anyway, I took the bus home today and was trying to trying to finish at least one chapter of my Consumer Behaviour text. Times like these make me wonder what I had been doing in secondary school and jc. I am a currently marketing and corpcomms major and all those years of toiling under physics, chemistry and biology have come to naught. Those science subjects are completely irrelevant to what I am doing now, though I can imagine them tailored to marketing... how the force of shopping bags over customers grip influences their purchase behaviour or the ickle atoms that form chains of molecules, sending "buy me buy me" signals to our brains. But at least I would never have to pick up another science textbook..

On the bus, I was trying my darnest to mind my own business but I was inevitably distracted by a conversation between couple. Chinese man in his late forties early fifties, was trying to sweet talk his Philippino female friend and in the midst of doing so, successfully sending our dear naive female protanganist into fits of giggles. The highlight of the conversation came when he said,

"You have such a sexy body... Not like those Chinese girls so out of shape... "

I am telling you if we had speech bubbles over our heads, mine would be filled with question marks. Like this: ??????????? Hello UGLY Uncle, you ain't exactly Adonis du Jour unless you consider your beer paunch to be the must-have much-coveted accessory for this season...

Oh dear, has this guy been wearing blinkers lately?

If you have been feeling down, this joker story ought to cheer you up.

My parents have been working really hard, tranforming my sisters' rooms into a livable speace, rather than the warehouse storage rooms they once were. You would be amazed by the amount of stuff that are of zilch value (except to a gazillion dust mites). We had bags of soft toys, books, clothes and our garung guni man had the time of his life. My mum was surprised when he gave us our compensation fee because I think she would have paid him to get rid of our junk instead. Well, one man's junk is another man's treasure.

2 comments:

Edward said...

an interesting new path u're going down... =P

Unknown said...

"rather than the warehouse storage rooms they once were"?!?!?!?!?!?!?