Sunday, July 12

Russell turns 8!


Guess who turned 8 on polling day!
Ahh, very soon we are going to have a teenager on our hands.


Good thing we seredipitiously scored a long weekend, meant we could have an easier time and not get caked out too quickly. We made a trip back to civilisation and at lunch at Da Paolo Dempsey.  All of cleaned up nicely - and that included wearing loafers instead of flip flops in KW's case.

I guess people were in a celebratory mood as the restaurant was full so we scored seats at the bar. Not a bad view, I will admit. An awesome carby lunch (anda 2-hr nap) ensued. I have to say, Da Paolo has really upped their pizza game - that crust was phenomenal.





In the evening, we had the grandparents over for a Korean feast. Russell loves Korean Galbi - he even does it the correct way of wrappping it with lettuce. I tried to make hameul pajeon but failed with too many ingredients - hey, at least it was crispy and I will get it right next time.





My mother-in-law got a lovely Amelie tart from Flor for the Friday and dinner and treated the boys to a fabulous PVZ cake the next evening. Both were scrumptous! 

We normally have a shebang this time of the year but for obvious reasons, that wasn't possible. Nonethless, Russell had a few close friends over for a movie night. As with most 8 year olds, the boys are really into Plant vs. Zombies and I made a half-assed attempt at creating some sort of theme. 





Happy birthday, Russell! 
You are turning out to be a little man full of curiosity and cheekiness. 
I love you, sweetie!

No comments: