Tuesday, July 21

My new favorite: Beef Massaman Curry

Just saying: If my day job doesn't work out, I might make a decent living from selling curry. Over the weekend, I made an unctuous tender beef Massaman curry, using beef coin muscle. Why didn't I make my own curry paste earlier? Absolute flavour bomb and it wasn't all that difficult. 

Carbs-wise, aromatic pandan coconut rice made for a lovely canvas for the curry. I love fried eggs any day but these fried sunny-side ups, drizzled with recap manis and topped with fried curry leaves, provided a warm creamy blanket to the curry and rice. To cool things off, I also made a cold Japnese spinach goma salad. Did that make sense? Probably not, but it worked! 


Beef Massaman Curry (recipe link)


Pandan Coconut Rice (recipe link)


Spinach Goma


Crispy fried eggs

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The curry looks delish! May I know where you buy beef coin muscle from?

Unknown said...

Hello, I got it from omni frozen food.