Thursday, August 24

Napa Day 2 // Sonoma, St Helena & an amazing meal at Farmstead

Day two at Napa was pretty much spent around the pictureque Sonoma and St Helena. I have been to St Helena but not to Sonoma, and the latter caught me by surprise with its tea-dolly prettiness and charm. Sonoma is a historic city located at the heart of the renowned Sonoma Valley winemaking region. Its small town charm is really endearing and I am so glad we visited Sonoma.



For lunch, we had an amazing meal at Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch (St Helena). Farmstead offers the quintessential farm-to-table experience in a renovated barn owned by a cattle ranch & winery. I can't quite put my finger on it but the meal was truly quite special.


We kicked off the meal with a simple kale salad peppered with chile pequin, garlic, toasted parmesan and lemon dressing. I have decided that produce in California might be better than what we get at home but kale tastes like kale wherever you go.

 

Heritage St Louis Ribs served with​ green apple coleslaw and barbecue sauce were great though I am baised towards the ribs KW prepares at home. Our little man Lucas picked up a rib and had his way toddler-style. I'm sure upon seeing this, KW felt a strong dose of father's pride.


Wood-grilled heritage pork chop with broccolini, jalapeno grits and apples was a sensational dish. Our server remarked this was the biggest pork chop she had seen come out of the kitchen. Lucky us! The grits and broccolini were just so well done.


Normally I like my mac and cheese with lots of crusty bits, preferably panko breadcrumbed. Though this was a creamy version, it was bold and delectable, made with vella daisy cheddar.


I highly recommend a meal at Farmstead should you get the chance!

No comments: