Monday, August 31

A return to PS.Cafe Palais

Ah, PS Palais... How I love thee.

I used to spend so much time (and moolah) at PS Cafe. I even did a roundup of all the cakes and desserts I had at that one outlet. Then life and priorities took over, and it has been more than two years ago since my last visit. I was surprised to not find a queue when we arrived shortly before 12pm, though the place filled up quickly after that. Perhaps people have moved onto hipper enclaves


Wow, salad? Yawn, boring.. Sorry, not sorry. I'm at a stage in my life where eating more vegetables and salads make me better throughout the day - and lorrrrrd knows I need the energy with 2 tots around.

This Superfood salad was yummy yummy, thanks to the roasted pumpkin, blueberries, and almonds. And I love quinoa and roasted broccoli, so this salad was right up my fancy smancy alley.


Of course, all work and no play makes Jane a dull girl so we ordered a basket of fried chicken and chunky fries to share. Love these turmeric-dusted, breadcrumbed chicken tenders and chunky fries! Those hips won't lie...


KW only had one thing on his mind - the PS Brunch Burger. It brings some comfort to know that he's a one-dish-slash-woman kind of guy. Standing tall with a beef patty, deep-fried onion ring, melted gruyère, crispy bacon and fried egg, it's the sort of burger that makes you willing to give up 2 years of your life for.

A $5 top up for truffles fries? Totally worth it, thought the threenager.


We didn't have desserts this time round, but we wrapped up our meal with a lovely ice coffee float. Utter bliss.

No comments: