Wednesday, January 23

Tiong Bahru Bakery, Raffles City

I can't think of anything better to kick of the weekend than brunch with my friends. Sure, striking the lottery would be awesome but I always feel much richer in spirit after a meal with muh ladies.

This time round, we brunched at Tiong Bahru Bakery, where patrons have been known to get either fanatical or diabolical over their croissants. Please people, it's just butter, butter ... and loads of deliciousss butter. We met at 10am over at the Raffles City outlet on a Friday and the lack of crowd added much to the pleasant experience. On top of that, service was wide-eyed chirpy and the food was good. 


It's funny how pre-preganacy I would have probably glossed over the sweet items, dirtying the display with my drool; yet these days, my palate has gone decidedly savory and I didn't dispute when Zee said, it's a sign of aging. My bar-and-bra-top dancing days are officially over, I can tell. 

Foccacia, extra virgin olive oil, mozzarella cheese, arugula, slow-roasted tomatoes and parma ham. Simplicity worked beautifully in this instance. 

No comments: