Wednesday, July 13

Supermarket sweep

When I was a kid, I was hooked on this TV game show, 'Supermarket Sweep.' Mad pushing the trolley cart around the supermarket, loading it up with all sorts of high-ticket items... I thought it was the coolest game show on earth. Little would I know that my love for supermarkets push on and see me through my adult-ish years.

Whenever I travel, I would always make it a point to visit the supermarkets in those countries. It is a chance to see how locals live - and I'm not referring to those who only shop at Farmers Market and hang out with their actor/ artist/ designer friends. In London, there was Waitrose and Marks & Spencers; in southern France, I sought relief from the summer heat in Mono Prix; and in Copenhagen, fotex was my daily haunt.

Back home in Singapore, I have a real soft spot for Paragon Marketplace.

Photobucket

I love aisle surfing and discovering things that make me wonder why people buy them.

Photobucket

Tips for a long and happy marriage.

Photobucket

Childhood favourite.

Photobucket

Bin Bin, my man, was a faithful companion throughout my secondary school days.

Photobucket

I love the packaging and the idea of flavoured sugar though I have no idea if what I would use them for.

Photobucket

These instant noodles were a shortcut to happiness ... and TAF Club.

Photobucket

Love them though noe it does seem scary that they are the #1 source of wholegrain for those living in America.

Photobucket

DON'T take me to your leader, just take me to your dessert trove.

2 comments:

mysterymeatballs said...

hi yixiao, ^5 to a shared love of supermarkets! when i travel, the supermarket is my first stop and i can spend hours exploring each and every aisle. gotta add spar in the south of france and sainsburys for the uk.

yixiao said...

^5 back, haha!

love your profile name by the way =)