Tuesday, August 31

1 out of 10 at Oriole

Photobucket

Ever had this feeling where regret hits you the minute the wait staff whisks off with the menu? For me, 9 out of 10 times, the impeding doom of regret boils into an I-knew-it diner’s remorse, made worse by a heavy though supposedly compensatory dessert.

I don’t know why I ordered the chicken casserole at Oriole. I probably buckled under pressure. Chicken casserole was really not what I was hankering for for the following reasons: It was a hot mad-blood-stirring day; I have never found chicken exciting; tomato sauce conjures images of canned slobber sauce from childhood; and I wasn’t particularly hungry. So if I were to connect the dots, I should have ordered the roasted beetroot salad the MILF next to me had.

Maybe I was lucky. This turned out to be the 1 out of 10 times that regret simmered into a pot of fresh, comforting, dunk-worthy stew, filled with tender chicken and spanish chorizo sausages chunks. It was so good I wanted to take some of it home for mum who loves stews but alas, the pot was wiped clean.

7 comments:

sooks said...

I'm definitely feeling the stew. :)

you know when I first read your title, my first thoughts were 'was it that bad?' cos I thought you scored the food 1/10. LOL

yixiao said...

=p

zee said...

i had the exact same reaction! (about the 1/10) haha

recently i re-tried the fish & chips there, after having a bad first time. it was not bad, except the fish wasn't the oily cod i fantasised off; instead it was flakey snapper.

yixiao said...

i'm not hot about their fish and chippers either but they make a mean cod fish pie =)

ivan said...

Sorry but "MILF"? Seriously? Never thought you the type.

yixiao said...

the MILF or the salad? either way, why not?!

Anonymous said...

A significant part of Mount Real's profits rely on the
success of its strategic alliances.