Wednesday, July 1

Plain Plain Vanilla, Yong Siak Street

IT'S JULY AKA BIRTHDAY MONTH.... TO ALL MY FELLOW JULY BABIES, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MONTH!

I wish I had something nice to say about these cupcakes from Plain Vanilla. Well, there were a couple of positives:

1. It was real nice of my sister to get them for us as she had to trek through the disturbing heat to get them. 

2. The Carrot Cake cupcake was the best of the lot. Soft and spongey with great flavours and a delectable cream cheese buttercream. 


Erm well, that's it. 

The Red Velvet was kinda meh though you can argue I have never been on that red bandwagon. The two Flavours of the Month - S'mores and Pineapple Meringue - were honestly unforgettable for the wrong reason - for being too dry. 

Don't get me wrong. Given any day, these make pretty decent cupcakes and of course, I would be happy if someone gave me to me. However, are they "the best cupcakes in Singapore"? Well, you PV-supporters slash keyboard warriors can start assembling your spears because seriously, these cupcakes are well, unfortunately plain. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am still looking for "the best" cupcakes. I tried Plain vanilla recently. Unfortunately I thought the smores was a tad oily and the pineapple meringue very dry. But the dark chocolate cupcake and the cinnamon cupcake were okay. Anywhere you can recommend for cupcakes or cakes? I am on a major dessert kick!

yixiao said...

I like Chalk Farm and Kisses Bakery... If you try them out, let me know if they are still good =)